Find the right authentic Ayurvedic Baby Soap for baby prepared traditionally with ayurvedic & natural ingredients to pave the way for the safe development of your child.
There are many ayurvedic & natural skincare brands with dedicated baby skin care products but often are not true to their own words by making use of synthetically prepared Colour, Fragrance, Cosmetic Grade Oils (multiple stage processed oils) in the product composition.
Therefore, finding the best Ayurvedic Baby Soap for new born babies free from chemicals/preservatives is difficult and a growing concern for today’s parents.
And that’s when parents want to go for brands that make small batches of Natural Handmade Soaps or say organic/natural baby soaps with the thought that these are free from synthetics and good – safe to use on sensitive skin.
Be it handmade or ayurvedic or organic or dermatologically tested/clinically proven produced at home or in a manufacturing unit, it’s important to read the label including the ingredients to understand the composition.
Here’s what you need to keep in mind before buying baby soap for your child :
- Liquid/Gel Cleansers : Never buy liquid /gel based cleansers. Liquid cleanser will certainly contain chemicals and preservatives to give the product a shelf life/texture etc.
- Tear Free Soaps : Never buy tear free/tear less soaps/shampoo or liquid body wash because these contain eye soothing or numbing agents in the form of chemicals and do not give the feel of irritation.
- No Added Colours : Buy soap bars with no added colour. Natural real soaps are never bright in colour like pink, blue, green, red, milk white etc. Read the back label to find if the colour has been added to the product. Colour is usually added as an appeal factor.
- Bathing Bars : Words like bathing bar, cleansing bar, beauty bar etc on a bar which is understood as soap by a layman is a detergent bar which gives a cleansing effect. It is not soap. So it is always good not to buy bars with labels – bathing bars, cleansing bars and beauty bars as these certainly are synthetic made.
- Safe Chemicals : Avoid products made with safe chemicals as what is considered safe may come out to be dangerous 10-20 years down the line. Hence it is better to use a product which is free from both Safe & unsafe chemicals.
Gangaajal Cold Pressed Ayurvedic Soaps making :
Here is how we make 100% chemical & preservative free baby soap with cow milk and gangajal : –
STEP 1 : Cold pressed Oils and butters luke warm in temperature are added to the vessel.
STEP 2 : Lye is added – Oil + lye = Soap. It is a traditional technique to make soap.
STEP 3 : Edible steam distilled Essential oil and cow milk is added to the batch. We use edible oils and raw milk only to make the soap. We are against using fragrance & colours.
STEP 4 : Right Temperature – The temperature is maintained less than 40° Celsius. This helps retain the nutrients in the soap. Heat can cause the loss of vital nutrients.
STEP 5 : Drying time – It takes minimum 7- 8 weeks for a soap to be ready to use for shower. We do not use any hardening agent, rather the drying time evaporates the water and makes the soap naturally hard.
Cold pressed soap making is an ancient practice to make a real soap
Gangaajal Ayurvedic Baby soap Ingredients :
Gangaajal Baby Soap is an authentic ayurvedic time tested Soap Recipe made with ingredients : –
- Cow Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Rice bran Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Castor Oil
- Almond Oil
- Neem Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Shea Butter
- Lavender Essential Oil
NaoH is used to turn oils into soap. *None remains in the finished product. This is centuries old practice of soap making.
This makes gangaajal baby soap a safe & effective Cleanser for the new sensitive skin.
Gangaajal Cold Pressed Ayurvedic Soaps benefits :
Gangaajal Real Soap is a conscious effort to bring back healthy baths with traditionally used soap bars, prepared with edible oils and caustic soda.
Cold Pressed Soap also known as Real soap is an ancient cold press soap making method some 3000 years old.
It is better to stick to old and simple technique made soaps than soaps or detergent bars made with chemicals. Chemicals have made way almost everywhere just to make the product highly cost effective.
Always buy cold pressed soaps which have dried and turned hard on their own over 7-8 weeks without addition of any hardening agents like Stearic Acid.
To understand more on this point always know the making process and if needed be ask the manufacturer on the making video of the product and ingredient sourcing etc.
An effort made once on this front can help you find the Best Baby Cleanser & Ayurvedic Baby Soap in India or abroad.
Cow Milk Benefits :
Cow Milk Benefits the skin as raw cow milk contains : –
- Linoleic Acid (CLA)
- Protein, Glutathione (GSH)
- Selenium, Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
These ingredients help in the upkeep of the skin. Cleansing the skin with soap that has a good effective percentage of Raw Cow Milk is an ideal cleanser for the sensitive/delicate skin.
These soaps are perfect Hair & Body cleansers all round the year be it summer or winter or rainy season. Just use it like any other soap to clean the scalp/hair and body skin.
Skin Care Tips :
After the bath, always apply Cold Pressed Oil to the moist baby skin like : –
- Coconut Oil
- Mustard Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Jojoba Oil
This routine is the Best Skin Care Regime to keep the baby skin healthy naturally – without the use of chemicals.
Applying oil immediately after the shower on moist/wet skin was a long practiced Skin Care Routine to keep the skin nourished, something we all observed our elders doing before lotions came to this world.
Here’s what makes Gangaajal Ayurvedic Baby Soap every conscious mom’s choice and different from others soaps in the market :
- 100% Chemical & Preservative free.
- Ancient technique of making the soap – Cold Pressing.
- No tear free or Tear less – A real ancient technique cold pressed soap will certainly burn the eyes when it comes in contact.
- Oils are cold pressed in-house to ensure purity.
- No Fragrance – Aroma in soap is derived from the ingredients.
- No Colour – Colour of the soap is naturally derived from ingredients.
- No soap base, No soap noodles, No Detergents, No Chemicals.
- Free from Safe an Unsafe chemicals.
- Essential oil used in the soap is Steam Distilled and hence edible.
- Cold pressed oils used in the soap are Edible.
Using the right quality Skin Care Product including the soap is very important for the overall safe & healthy development of the child. Right cleanser with the right composition will help keep the baby skin Clean, Soft and Nourished.
So it is best not to risk the health of the baby by exposing it to any chemical, whether Safe or Unsafe. Your efforts can make a difference in your Baby’s Skin and Health.